DescriptionThe design review is a 30-minute meeting intended to make sure that the team has a successful project. Students will present and defend their design while instructors and TAs critique it, identifying any infeasible or unsafe aspects and steering the team toward success. Instructors and TAs will ask questions throughout and may choose the order of blocks to be discussed. Prepare for the following sequence.
- Promptly project design document on projector.
- Introduce team members (name, major, and relevant interests).
- Present problem statement and proposed solution (<2 minutes)
- Present design overview (<3 minutes)
- High-level requirements
- Block diagram
- Physical design
- For the remainder of the review, you will participate in a detailed discussion of the
design. Plan to cover each block, one at a time, beginning with the most critical. The
course staff will ask questions and may step in to guide the discussion. Be prepared to
discuss all aspects of your design with a focus on the following.
- Evidence that the design meets requirements (use the following as applicable)
- Mechanical drawings
- Tolerance analysis
Submission and Deadlines
Your design document should be uploaded to PACE in PDF format by Midnight the Friday before design review. If you uploaded a mock DR document to PACE, please make sure that it has been removed before DR.