[Return to Home Page]

ECE 445 Wiki : Main : Homepage

[Login]

Welcome to the ECE 445 Wiki!

This portion of the site is designed to allow ECE 445 students to collaboratively create and maintain online guides to common topics. The wiki is completely open to all Web users, but the ability to edit is limited to UIUC students and faculty.

Reading

To read any of the guides, just click on any of the topics to the left. You may also use the search box at the bottom of the page to find a particular topic quickly. Once you reach the page that you are looking for, you may click the PDF link in the top-right corner to save the contents to your PC, or you may click the Print link for a printer-friendly version of the page.

Editing

In order to edit any of the topic pages, you must be a UIUC student or faculty member. To get started, you must register for an account, as follows:

• Click on Register and enter your email address to receive activation instructions.
  • Click on Activate once you receive the activation instructions and you will be able to set your password.

Once you have registered and activated your account, click on the Login link at the top of the page. You will then be able to edit any of the topics pages.

An introduction from Prof. Carney

The Wiki is a new addition to the course for the Spring of 2006. The real beneficiaries of the Wiki will not be this semester's students, but the students in semesters to come. I think that our students are naturally inclined to feel a certain sense of community and will be proud to leave a legacy for students who come after them. To sweeten the deal a little, I will offer bonus points to individuals or groups who make significant contribution to the knowledge base. I will award up to ten (10) bonus points for contributions with maximum points for a large article on otherwise undocumented instrumentation and a point or two for minor trouble-shooting tips on specialized equipment or addenda to other entries. No individual will be awarded more than 10 points. These will be bonus points in that they will only be counted after all other grades are finalized. We will keep track of who contributes material, but you might want to make sure that your TA is aware that you have contributed. Please don't try to haggle with me about points, I'll try to be most fair.

Our first significant contribution comes from Kyle Cline, a former 445 student who is providing a tutorial on interrupts called PicInterrupts. This article will grow over the course of the semester as Kyle has time to write. I hope you will find it useful and be inspired to contribute as well.

Please be good citizens and take time to read the GoodPractices entry.

Scott Carney 18 January, 2006