ECE 590SIP is a research seminar at which students present their own work, or an interesting paper. If you are interested in seeing talks by people from other universities, you should (also) plan to attend the NLP Seminars.
- Day and Time: Tuesdays, 4-5pm
- Mode: Hybrid
- Physical Location: Beckman 2169. You must wear a mask.
- Virtual Location: The presenter will connect to zoom. URL will be published by e-mail; if you don't have it, please contact the instructor.
Presentation Schedule, Fall 2021
- Tuesday, 8/31, 16:00-16:50
- Mark Hasegawa-Johnson, Providing Speech Technology to Under-Resourced Communities
- Tuesday, 9/7, 16:00-16:50
- Jialu Li, Improved Accent ASR Using Embeddings Grouped by Regions
- Tuesday, 9/14, 16:00-16:50
- Liming Wang, Multimodal Spoken Unit Discovery
- Tuesday, 9/21, 16:00-16:50
- Heting Gao, Zero-shot Cross-Lingual Phonetic Recognition with External Language Embedding
- Tuesday, 9/28, 19:00-19:50
- Junghyun Lee, Fast and Efficient Fair PCA via Optimization over Stiefel Manifold
- Tuesday, 10/5, 16:00-16:50
- John Harvill, Classification of COVID-19 from Cough Using Autoregressive Predictive Coding Pretraining and Spectral Data Augmentation
- Tuesday, 10/19, 16:00-16:50
- Stephen Chan, SpeechSplit 2: Unsupervised Speech Disentanglement Without Exhaustive Bottleneck Tuning
- Tuesday, 11/2, 16:00-16:50
- Shuju Shi, Analysis of L1 Transfer Effect on L2 Vowel Production
- Tuesday, 11/9, 16:00-16:50
- Mahir Morshed, Unsupervised/semi-supervised prosodic unit discovery