Welcome to ECE551, a graduate level course in digital signal processing, also known as DSP-II. In this class we will cover advanced concepts in digital signal processing (e.g geometry and algebra of signals and systems spaces, approximations, filtering etc.). The course prerequisites are undergraduate level probability and DSP (ECE313 and ECE310 or their equivalents). Background in Linear Algebra and Calculus is strongly recommended.
- Our textbook: "Foundations of Signal Processing" by Vetterli, Kovacevic, and Goyal.
- Related course at EPFL
- TA Supplemental Notes #1 (Primer in Algebraic System Theory)
- TA Supplemental Notes #2 (Polyphase and Filterbanks)
- TA Supplemental Notes #3 (Random Analysis)
- Lecture Notes on Adaptive Filtering and LMS
- Lecture Notes on Multiresolution, Wavelets, and Filter Banks
- Midterm #1 (Fall 2015)
- Midterm #2 (Fall 2015)