ECE 482: Digital IC Design
Description: This course is designed to provide senior students with in-depth analysis and design capability required for state-of-the-art low-power and high-performance digital integrated circuits. Topics include the physics of operation and terminal I-V behavior of MOS devices, design of the basic CMOS inverter and logic gates, static and dynamic circuits, storage elements and memories, and interconnect and I/O circuits. The course includes an design project in which students will get an opportunity to use industry-standard CAD tools to design a digital integrated circuit from specifications to layout. Click here more information: http://www.ece.illinois.edu/academics/courses/profile/ECE482
Syllabus: ECE482 Syllabus
Prerequisite: Credit in ECE 198 KL or ECE 198 KL1 or ECE 198 KL2 or ECE 198 KL3 or ECE 220 or ECE 290 Credit in ECE 342.
Time and Place: 15:00 -15:50, MWF, 2017 ECE Building
- 2015/8/19: Welcome to ECE482!
- 2015/8/24: Homework is due Monday at 5pm. You can either submit your homework after the Monday lecture to the TA, or submit to CSL 422 to Wooseok before 5pm on the due date. No later homework will be accepted.
- 2015/8/30: Midterm 2 will be held on 11/11 instead of 11/4 as stated in the original syllabus. An updated syllabus has been posted.
- 2015/8/31: Homework 2 is due Wednesday, Sep 9th. You can submit either to the TA after lecture or in CSL 422 between 4:00 - 5:30PM. Homework 3 will be distributed on Sep. 9th.
- 2015/9/9: Revised lecture notes has been posted on the website.
- 2015/9/16: [Important change in homework policy] Homework is due weekly on Friday, you can submit either to the TA after lecture or in CSL 422 between 4:00 - 5:30PM.
- 2015/9/16: Homework 5 will be handed out on Monday, Sep. 21st, and is due on Friday, Sep. 25th. You can submit either to the TA after lecture or in CSL 422 between 4:00 - 5:30PM.
- 2015/9/22: Sample exam 1 has been posted on the Exams page of the course website.
- 2015/9/22: Exam 1 is on Sep. 30th from 7pm to 8:15pm in Room 1013 and 1015 ECEB. The syllabus for Exam 1 is: 1) Chapters 1-3 from the course notes, and 2) HWK 1-5.
- 2015/9/24: There will not be any HWK for next week.
- 2015/9/25: The office hour schedule for the week of 9/27/2015 - 10/3/2015 is as follows:
- Prof. Shanbhag: Tuesday (9/29/2015) 1:30-3:30PM, CSL 414
- Wooseok Choi: Wednesday (9/30/2015) 2-4PM, CSL 301
- Sai Zhang: Monday (9/28/2015) 1-3PM, CSL 368
- 2015/9/26: [Midterm 1] Midterm 1 will be held on Wednesday (9/30/3015) 7-8:20PM in ECEB1013, and ECEB1015. Students whose last name begins with the letter A-to-N will take the exam in ECEB1013. All others will take the exam in ECEB1015. Please come to class and be seated no later than 6:55pm. The midterm is a closed book exam. You can bring pen/pencil and calculator.
2015/11/5: [Midterm 2] Some announcements regarding midterm 2:
1- Office hour schedule for next week will be as follows:
Prof. Shanbhag: 2pm-3:30pm 11/10/15 (Tue)
Sai Zhang: 1pm-3pm 11/11/2015 (Wed), CSL411
Wooseok Choi: 1pm-3pm 11/09/2015 (Mon), CSL141
2- Midterm 2 will be held on Wednesday (11/11/3015) 7-8:20PM in ECEB3015, and ECEB3017. Students whose last name begins with the letter A-to-N will take the exam in ECEB3015. All others will take the exam in ECEB3017. Please come to class and be seated no later than 6:55pm
3- The midterm is a closed book exam. You can bring pens/pencils and calculators.
4- Syllabus for the exam: HWK 5 (last problem)-HWK 10 (not including last problem). Topics: combinational logic, latches/flipflops.
- 2015/12/8: [Final Exam Schedule] The final exam will be held on 12/17/2015 (Thursday), 7:00 PM-10:00 PM, at ECEB-2015 and ECEB-2017. Students whose last name begins with the letter A-to-N will take the exam in ECEB2015. All others will take the exam in ECEB2017. Please come to class and be seated no later than 6:55pm.
2015/12/9: The office hour schedule during the week of 12/13/2015 - 12/18/2015:
Prof. Shanbhag: 2pm-4pm 12/16/2015 (Wed), CSL 414
Sai Zhang: 9:30am - 11:30am 12/17/2015 (Thur), CSL 419
Wooseok Choi: 2pm - 4pm 12/17/2015 (Thur), CSL 419
414 Coordinated Science Laboratory
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
1308 West Main Street, Urbana, IL 61801-2307, USA
418 Coordinated Science Laboratory