|# **Team (Net-ID):**
Bhavish Bhattar (bbhatta2), Santan Katragadda (skatrag2), Ali Berk Eroglu (aeroglu2)
Problem: Sexual assault and harrassment has been a common problem in society and has been know to be the most under reported violent crime. Cases are often times dismissed or not even brought to court as the evidence presented becomes a "He said vs she said'' case in which the victim's pleas struggle to gain validity without concrete proof.
Solution Overview: Our solution seeks to help victims through the use of a wearable device that can record audio and emit a loud siren to attract attention to the situation. The audio will be saved to the user’s phone via bluetooth. Upon deploying the loud siren, the device will reach out to other parties for help.
# **Solution Components:**
- Trigger mechanism: A button on the wearable device that upon a three taps will begin recording audio and upon five taps will deploy an alarm and reach out to parties for help.
- Alarm system: Once the alarm is triggered, the device must be capable of outputting a loud enough siren to attract attention from people in the vicinity. A speaker with an amplification circuit would be used here.
- Audio recording: Device must be able to record audio in the nearby vicinity. We will use a microphone with an amplification circuit to accomplish this.
- Bluetooth: device can send the audio recording via bluetooth to the victim’s mobile device
- Application: will allow the audio to be saved on the phone.
- Memory: Micro SD card to store audio recordings on wearable device
- Microprocessor: Contains logic for managing memory, bluetooth, audio recording, and alarm system.
- Battery: Battery with a charging circuit and USB-to-serial converter
# **Criteria for Success:**
- Reliable way of initiating audio recording and alarm system
- Saving of audio recordings onto phone
- Reaching out to parties for help upon alarm
- Device with reasonable size that can be wearable