Project

# Title Team Members TA Documents Sponsor
50 Home Energy Administration Tool
Edward Choi
Jae Min Song
Jee Haeng Yoo
Nicholas Ratajczyk appendix
final_paper
presentation
proposal
How much do you pay for the electricity at home? Have you ever thought of saving energy? But do you even know how much energy is consumed by each appliance?

In order to spend electricity efficiently, I came up with the idea of developing an administrative tool that not only controls the power, but also keeps track of each device's energy consumption. I am trying to implement this on simplified house model for this project. The tool will enable user to (1) remote control power at home on web application using smartphone and (2) monitor detailed information- time, amount, and usage pattern- on energy consumption of electronics or lighting at home through charts- also on the web application. I expect this tool to allow people to be aware of their spending and to cut down electricity bill.

I am planning to construct a house model with snap-in receptacles so that I can plug in actual electronic devices that use 120V AC. I would also need components to measure power dissipation of each receptacle.

There will be a designed PCB that runs all components in the house model. PCB will also include esp32- this allows hosting a web server- and a micro-controller to display information on web server so that it allows user to remote control power and monitor energy consumption.

Logic Circuit Teaching Board

Younas Abdul Salam, Andrzej Borzecki, David Lee

Featured Project

Partners: Younas Abdul Salam, Andrzej Borzecki, David Lee

The proposal our group has is of creating a board that will be able to teach students about logic circuits hands on. The project will consist of a board and different pieces that represent gates. The board will be used to plug in the pieces and provide power to the internal circuitry of the pieces. The pieces will have a gate and LEDs inside, which will be used to represent the logic at the different terminals.

By plugging in and combining gates, students will be able to see the actual effect on logic from the different combinations that they make. To add to it, we will add a truth table that can be used to represent inputs and outputs required, for example, for a class project or challenge. The board will be able to read the truth table and determine whether the logic the student has created is correct.

This board can act as a great learning source for students to understand the working of logic circuits. It can be helpful in teaching logic design to students in high schools who are interested in pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering.

Please comment on whether the project is good enough to be approved, and if there are any suggestions.

Thank you