It is a lengthy tutorial but make sure you read through it thoroughly to avoid problems later.
Deadline: 1/23, Tuesday, 5 PM
CP1 Deadline: 1/29, Monday, 5 PM
Final Deadline: 2/04, Sunday, 5 PM
CP1 Deadline: 2/11, Sunday, 5 PM
CP2 Deadline: 2/18, Sunday, 5 PM
Final Deadline: 2/25, Sunday, 5 PM
Paper Design Deadline: 3/6, Tuesday, 5 PM
CP1 Deadline: 3/11, Sunday, 5 PM
CP2 Deadline: 3/18, Sunday, 5 PM
CP3 Deadline: 4/8, Sunday, 5 PM
CP4 Deadline: 4/15, Sunday, 5 PM
CP5 Deadline: 4/22, Sunday, 5 PM
MP Information and Resources
All MP0-MP2 are due in the ECE 411 dropbox (Third floor of the ECE Building) by 5pm on the scheduled due date.
MP3 must be submitted on GitLab by 5pm on the scheduled due date. Your demo will use a snapshot of the code at that time. A repository on GitLab will be set up for your group.
The laboratory component of ECE 411 uses Altera Quartus II and Mentor Graphics Modelsim software. Machine Problem assignments are to be performed in the EWS Linux labs. Hours and locations are listed on the EWS website
If you need to acquire an EWS account, please contact the course staff.
Useful Machine Problem Links
- LC3b Reference (ISA Document)
- Machine Problem FAQ
- LC3b Tools and Basic LC3b Tool Usage
- Advanced LC3b Tool Usage and Documentation
- ModelSIM Command Reference
- Quartus II Support for SystemVerilog
- Quartus II Handbook
- Brief Introduction to the Mystery of Fitting Algorithms
- SystemVerilog Language Reference Manual
- Summary of Synthesisable SystemVerilog