This semester, ECE 110 together with ECE 120 will offer a joint honors lab section for James Scholar students who want to receive Honors credit (no credit hours, however) in either ECE 110 or ECE 120. In this honors lab section, students from both ECE 110 and 120 will work together in small groups to propose, prototype and demo design projects. The students will meet for 1 hour each week in the lab and will receive mentorship from undergraduate course assistants (who are alumni of the honors lab section.)
You may see current Honors website at https://wiki.illinois.edu/wiki/display/ECE110HLSF15/
- To participate in the honors lab section, you should be a James Scholar or working to become a James Scholar. The latter requires specific approval from Prof. Schmitz. Your personal James Scholar information may be viewed at http://my.engr.illinois.edu/james-scholar. For more information about the James Scholar program, visit http://engineering.illinois.edu/academics/undergraduate/honors.html.
- You must attend lab for 1 hour per week between 6pm and 8pm each Thursday or between 4pm and 6pm each Friday in room 1001 ECEB, starting in the 2nd week of semester. If you cannot attend the same hour each week, you cannot participate in the honors lab section.
- To particiapte in the honors lab section attend the one of the introductory meetings. These meetings will take place in 1005 ECEB, starting at each hour between 6pm and 8pm on Thursday January 26 and between 4pm and 6pm on Friday January 27.
- To register for James Scholar honors credit, you must fill out an Honors Credit Learning Agreement (HCLA). College of Engineering students should obtain a paper HCLA form from 206 Engineering Hall or 2120 ECEB, should obtain a signature from their lecture instructor, and should submit the completed form to 206 Engineering Hall. Students in other colleges may submit an online HCLA form to their instructor if their college allows.
- To receive honors credit in ECE 110 at the end of semester, you must present your design project to Prof. Schmitz and your ECE 110 grade must be B- or higher. No honors credit will be given for agreements completed in courses taken on a credit/no credit grading basis.
If you have questions about the procedure, contact Tyler Graham (email@example.com), the undergraduate teaching assistant who serves as the head of the honors lab section. If you have questions about joining, contact Prof. Schmitz (firstname.lastname@example.org).