CS 475: Formal Models of Computation (Fall 2017)
- August 21
Welcome! We're working hard to get everything set up before the semester begins. Meanwhile, you may notice broken links and/or text that refers to other courses.
- We will use Theory of Computation by Dexter Kozen as the course textbook. An electronic copy of this book is available through the University of Illinois library here.
- The first lecture is Tuesday, August 29.
Regular weekly schedule
- Tues Thurs 11:00-12:15pm, 1302 Siebel
- Homework assignments will be given every two weeks. Some material on the homework may be covered in class after the homework is assigned, but all material will be covered at least one week before the due date. We expect to have roughly 5-6 homework assignments. Your lowest homework grade will be dropped.
- Weekly quizzes will be made available on Moodle. Your lowest 2 quiz scores will be dropped.