So you’d like to email your instructors or course staff? Take a couple minutes to consider the following:
- Is your question about course administration? If so, have you read the syllabus? If your questions is easily answered in the syllabus, we will either refer you to the syllabus, or ignore your email.
- Is your question about a MP assignment? First and foremost: You should ask it in class, office hours, or on piazza. If you want to share your code snippet, you can make a private piazza post as well.
If you have read the above and are convinced that your query warrents an email, you must follow the following three rules. If you do not, your email will be considered less import than other emails which follow the rules and response time will be slower.
- All email must originate from an
@illinois.edu email address or appear as sent on behalf or an
- Depending on the situation, failure to follow this rule may make a response impossible.
- Your subject line must begin with exactly the following: [CS398]
- Failure to follow this step exactly may result in your email simply not being answered.
- After the above, put a single space, followed by a useful but short description of your message.
- If your email is sent between 9:00 AM Monday and 11:59 PM Thursday, and you follow the above directions, we will try our best to respond within 24 hours.
Course Staff Email
To ensure transparency, please send emails to our course email: email@example.com
Please do not email individual course staff. We will not respond.