CS/ECE 374 fa22: Frequently asked questions

  1. Q: How to draw a DFA/NFA?
    A: You are of course welcome to just use free form drawing by using a pen and a paper, but if you want nicer looking results, here are a few options:

  2. Q: How to get DRES accommodation for homeworks and exams?

    A: We believe that DRES accommodations are important, and we are happy to facilitate them. In particular, we encourage you to ask for such accommodations if you need them.

    To this end, please email the instructors in the class your LOA (letter of accommodation) from DRES. Usually, accommodations for exams are done via DRES - you would need to allocate a slot with DRES for taking the exams.

    Accommodations in detail:

    1. Exams: For any accommodations, you have to take the exam with DRES. You have to allocate a slot to take the exam with DRS. It is a good idea to do the scheduling two weeks before the exam. Schedule the exam in time *after* the class had taken the exam.
    2. Homeworks:
      1. We do not provide make up assignments.
      2. If you have DRES accommodation for homework, you can submit your homework up to 24 hours later. To do so, please email the pdf of your homework to the appropriate TA. We expect people to use this late submission rarely, on need basis, as stated in such LOAs. No submission would be accepted once the solutions to the homeworks are released.

    Explanation: These letter usually say "These accommodations are not intended to substantially alter the nature of the course." However, we are trying to release the homework solutions in a timely fashion (i.e., 24 hours after the deadline) so that:

Last modified: Wed 2022-08-31 01:24:44 UTC 2022 by Sariel Har-Peled