Lecture Week 7: Synchronization and Deadlock
Course Meetup: Tuesday, Mar. 9
The next course meetup at on Tuesday, Mar. 9 at 12:30pm on Zoom. We will use the same link all semester long (same as last week, and you can find it in Compass 2g as the only announcement for CS 240).
Midterm Exam Information
The CS 240 Midterm #1 exam is on Thursday, Mar. 18.
- You will have 90 minutes to complete the exam.
- You can take the exam anytime during the day on Thursday (the exam will become available at midnight early March 18 and close at 11:59pm on March 18).
- The exam is open notes, open book, open Google, but closed other people. You can do anything except chat with another person about the exam during the exam.
- The format of the exam will be identical to the practice exam available on PrairieLearn.
- Lecture Handout for Week #7: PDF
As you go through the lecture notes, you can print this out or use a tablet to fill in key ideas from the notes! They’re designed to cover the same sample problems you’ll see in the lecture notes! :)
In our previous course meetup, we chatted about exploring a hybrid approach to lecture notes. This week is a first pass at this approach with three detailed articles:
- Lecture Video - Part 1 (Handout Page 1)
- Lecture Video - Part 2 (Handout Page 2)
- Lecture Video - Part 3 (Handout Page 3)
MPs and Homeworks
- Homework 8: Synchronization (PrairieLearn), due Mar. 15 by 11:59pm
- MP5: Resource Manager, due Mar. 15 by 11:59pm