As always, start this MP by reading R-E-A-D-M-E-F-I-R-S-T.txt, in the MP you checked-out from subversion.
This graded assignment consists of three short programs:
As the lead programmer for the Writers Guild of America,West (WGA) you have three programming tasks today:
- Create a survey to find out how people are watching movies (cinema,dvd,computer)
- Fix an existing program to extract the lines for each actor from a movie script
- Write a new program to search for and print an actor's lines.
What You Will Learn
- Programming Skills:
- Translate program descriptions into a complete Java program.
- Find and fix runtime errors in existing code.
- Use unit tests and manual testing as part of the development process.
- Use Eclipse Development environment to create, run, test and commit programs.
- Add comments and authorship
- Reading source code for Pong Game
- Java Skills:
- Format text output using TextIO put and putln methods.
- Read input from the keyboard using getln,getlnInt.
- Create and use String, int, boolean, double variables.
- Perform simple calculations using arithmetic operators.
- Use String instance methods contains,trim,toLowercase.
- Use integer arithmetic (division).
- Use floating point arithmetic.
What You Should Already Know