- MP1 will be graded officially on: _____________
- MP2 (Challenge2-Hollywood) is available in Subversion and will be graded on: __________________
- Fall 2017: Handout
- Code review (one-on-one advice and skills help and with a course assistant) of your MP1 work.
- TAs will quiz you about programming concepts.
- Work on/Finish MP1 and get it committed. Below are hints and advice for MPs:
- Refresh your subversion repository to see the results of my autograder. INSIDE the date-stamped subdirectories you can find out if there were compile or unit test problems.
- Need extra time or extra help? Visit office hours and use Piazza.
- If you see a compile error inside TextIO then you need to change the compiler level:
Window Menu->Preferences->Java->Java Compiler. (You may also need to rebuild the project: Select Project menu item then Clean...)
- Can't edit/run your code? Did you checkout "Challenge2-Debug" (correct), or your netid as an Eclipse project? Are you looking at the contents of a remote java file from the subversion server? If so, you can't edit it. The hint is the title of the window includes a version number e.g. "Example.java 1234" To fix close the tab then re-open the file from the package view
- Need to reset Eclipse's windows? Choose Reset Perspective from the Window menu.
- Start MP2: Open the svn window in Eclipse. Right click and CHECKOUT Challenge2-Hollywood, then go back to the package view in the Java perspective. You can find the Introduction and instructions in the file R-E-A-D-M-E--F-I-R-S-T.txt.
- Work on Turing's Craft. Get help on problems you couldn't answer.
- For each MP, the score for course grading purposes is the highest score of all grading runs.
- Scores are not uploaded to Compass until the end of the semester. The day after each deadline, please check your MP results using a browser or the svn view in Eclipse (refresh your browser/eclipse to get the latest info).