CS 105: Intro to Computing for Non-Tech Majors
Learning to Think Like an Engineer via Computer Science
This is the main course website for CS 105 - Fall 2017. Check back often for updates.
There are two
required items that can be purchased from the Illini Bookstore.
- Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science. ISBN 978-1-59028-275-5. Zelle. (Needed starting Oct 1)
- Clicker 2 ("iClicker")
The iClicker must be registered on the Compass2g site for the course for you to get attendance credit. You must answer questions
throughout class to get attendance credit. You are responsible for ensuring your iClicker is with you, has batteries, and is working.
The course syllabus contains the policies governing the class. Please review it prior to asking questions regarding attendence and the like.
Please check back often as events will be added as they get scheduled.
The comprehensive Fall 2017 Final Exam Schedule, including locations, will be available by course via the Course Explorer on October 4.
- Sept. 1 - Computer Basics, HTML (lecture)
- Sept. 8 - HTML/CSS (lecture)
- Sept. 15 - Spreadsheet Basics (lecture)
- Sept. 19 - MP 1 Released
- Sept. 22 - Spreadsheet Techniques (lecture)
- Sept. 29 - Review for Midterm, Intro to Programming (lecture)
- Oct. 2 - MP 1 Due
- Oct. 6 - Midterm (during lecture)
- Oct. 13 - Data Types, Assignment, Variables (lecture)