- First day of class for the Spring 2014 semester is Wednesday January 22nd
- Lab sessions begin the first week of class
- Exam #1 will take place in class on Wednesday February 19.
- Students are allows to bring notes.
- Topics to be covered:
- 3 phase circutis and measurements,
- Relucatance machines and stepper motors,
- Introduction to 2 winding machines.
- The course field trip will take place on March 20, 2014 at Catepillar Inc.
- Details are provided in the handout
- Lab group topic prefeference form (last page of handout), must be turned in by Wednesday March 12
- Campus absence form must be filled out and returned in lab the week of March 10.
- Final project topics have been posted
- Objective of the final project is to help the entire class gain in-depth knowledge on specific topics dealing with electric machines, electromechanics, and drives.
- Final Project Report
- Due in class on Monday May 5,
- 1 report per group, should be roughly the same length as a laboratory report.
- Final Project Presentation
- Wednesday May 7 from 12-2:50pm in the electric machines lab (Room 50N)
- 9-9:50am for those who cannot attend 12-2:50pm. Those with a conflict with the 12-2:50pm slot should send a note to Matt by Friday, May 2nd,
- Each group will have ~6 minutes. Allow ~4 minutes for presentation and another ~2 mins for questions,
- Roughly 2-4 slides,
- Students will be graded on content and presentation,
- Active participation by each student is expected, in the form of questions to the various presenters,
- Slides must be emailed to Matt by 9pm Tuesday May 6.